The Craveity Marketing team is growing, and we’re seeking to fill a part-time contract role within Craveity. We’re looking to hire a Website & Content Strategist based in Madison, WI.
Are you interested in applying? Be sure to learn more about Craveity, and read the job description below to apply.
Craveity Marketing is a mission-based marketing agency that works primarily with non-profits and small business clients in healthy, locally-focused and sustainable food. Our Website & Content Strategist will be responsible for planning and managing client website projects and strategic content creation. This role contains a mix of account management, project management, copywriting, digital marketing strategy and website strategy activities.
This position is best for someone with existing project management and/or website and content strategy experience.
Duties & Responsibilities
Job tasks include but are not limited to:
- Basic project management for website projects including managing project timelines, communicating with clients and working with other project team members
- Making minor website updates for existing client sites in Squarespace, WordPress and other platforms including updates to site content and settings
- Conducting website audits and suggesting activities for improving client websites
- Creating and handling contracts for new website projects based on an existing template
- Conducting keyword research for SEO-focused content
- Writing and posting simple blog posts for Craveity and client websites
- Brainstorming and managing activities for improving website SEO
- Reviewing and interpreting data from Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- Developing Craveity eBooks, guides and online resources
- Creating and executing business growth strategies focused around Craveity content and events
We believe it’s important to give our team an opportunity to learn and gain experience for their career goals. For the right candidate, we are open to finding additional projects that will help you further develop your desired skills.
- 1-2 years of agency experience
- A degree in Marketing, Advertising, PR, Communicationsor a related field
- Experience using and updating websites on WordPress and other website platforms
- A solid grasp of SEO best practices
- Must be able to create and manage deadlines individually as this is role includes remote work
- Have access to a reliable laptop or computer and internet connection (one will not be provided)
- Ability to work approximately 15 hours/week
Preferred but not required:
- Ability to write clean HTML, CSS and PHP code
- Knowledge of back-end development and server-side website settings
- Experience using Adobe InDesign
- Interest in health, food, nutrition and/or sustainability
We are looking for someone to start in August or September 2018 and continue through early 2019.
Starting at $12 per hour or more depending on experience. This is an independent contractor position. Benefits such as dental and health insurance are not available through this position.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Website and Content Strategist Application”