This past spring, our interns were introduced to the world of marketing, wrote blog posts for their portfolio, and learned about effective social media marketing. We had such a wonderful experience with our spring digital marketing internships that we decided to bring in another intern for fall 2016.
You can learn more about Craveity here. If you’re interested in joining our team, read the job description below. We’re looking for an entrepreneurial-minded digital marketing intern who is excited to learn and apply digital marketing strategy to real-world situations and projects.
As part of the Digital Marketing Internship, you will learn to create and promote content across digital marketing channels (website, social media and email). You can expect to receive project assignments that require research & creative thinking, and you will receive close one-on-one training and mentoring.
Through this internship, you will learn:
- The fundamentals of branding and digital marketing for small businesses
- How to create digital marketing strategies that consider the target market
- How to apply visual branding and brand voice to digital content
- How to create online content plans and calendars that effectively organize the team
- How to build and manage a social media community
- How to develop email content for email marketing campaigns
- How to write effective online content, specifically for blog posts
- The fundamentals of SEO (search engine optimization) for website content including blog posts
Duties and Responsibilities
Job tasks may include:
- Developing a posting schedule and content calendar for all online content
- Researching topics and creating content for blog posts
- Developing, managing and sending email campaigns via MailChimp
- Creating and scheduling social media content for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and/or Instagram
- Conducting social media outreach which includes finding groups, hashtags, and people to engage with
- Selecting images and graphics for online content
- Conducting basic keyword and hashtag research
- Monitoring social media activity and managing engagement on Craveity profiles
- Clearly communicating with the team on project objectives and deliverables
- Intern may be required to track and report time spent on activities
- Opportunity for direct client experience based on need and performance
- Working towards a degree in Marketing, Advertising, PR, Communications or a related field
- Ability to travel to meeting locations in Chicago or Milwaukee, or otherwise meet via video chat or phone
- Have access to a reliable laptop or computer with internet connection (one will not be provided)
- Have an exceptional ability to convey messages both in writing and in person
- Have a positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit – A willingness to learn and problem-solve new challenges
- Must be able to to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects
- Approximately 15 hours/week
Preferred but not required:
- Experience updating content in WordPress
- Located near Chicago, IL or Milwaukee, WI
- Interest in health, food, nutrition and/or sustainability
We are looking for someone to start in early September 2016 and continue through November 2016.
This is an unpaid internship available for academic credit. The intern is required to lead the approval process for academic credit.
A small set of activities may be paid at a rate of $12/hour.
How to Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com using the subject line “Digital Marketing Intern Application”
Do you know someone who is a good fit for this position? Please share this post!